Monday, February 13, 2012

The World of Parenthood pt4



Parenthood 4.0
The Flipside of a One Sided Coin.

By DMK
View pt1 
& pt2  &  pt3
Follow DMK at Twitter @slantedk


“Hey, Dad, ya got twenty bucks, I’m going out tonight and the car needs fuel?”
“Yup, I got Twenty bucks and I didn’t know you had a car.”
“I mean your car needs fuel.”
Didn't even lift my head for that one - just wait for it. The child stands there, hesitating, pondering.
“Well, Dad.”
“Well what?”
“The car needs gas and I’m going out.”
“Ok.”
“What about the twenty bucks?”
“What about it? You asked if had twenty bucks, you did not ask if I wanted to give it to you. The way you may have wanted to approach it is, Dad, do you have twenty dollars you do not want anymore?”
“Huh?”
“Look at it this way. I make seventeen dollars an hour, after the government takes their fair share I need to work nearly an hour and twenty minutes to have twenty bucks in my pocket. Let’s say you put in two hours of work here at the house and we can consider a financial transaction.”
“Ah, never mind, I will get a ride.”

Plant the seeds continuously and have fun with it. The kids have more than enough fertilizer.
The next time there is a desire for a financial contribution they may do something first, yeah, keep trying anyway.

Enjoy some Parenthood quotes from those who have walked before us:
·         “What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife.” ― Rodney Dangerfield
·         “We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
·         “All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them.” ― Erma Bombeck
·         “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.” ― P.J. O'Rourke
·         “Oh, brothers and sisters, families can be forever! Do not let the lures [or the irritants] of the moment draw you away from them! Divinity, eternity, and family--they go together, hand in hand, and so must we!” ― Spencer W. Kimball
·         “I have that hypocrisy of a parent in that I'm like,'Come on, you've got to toughen up at the same time let me take care of that for you.” ― Craig Ferguson
·         The best brought-up children are those who have seen their parents as they are. Hypocrisy is not the parents' first duty. - George Bernard Shaw
·         To become a father is not hard, to be a father is, however. - Wilhelm Busch
·         The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents and the second half by our children. - Clarence S. Darrow


The Goal
• To share that we are not alone.
• To educate through experience, those who follow.
• To learn from those who have walked ahead of me.

Have a Great Day, Share the Love.
Parenthood 4.0
The Flipside of a One Sided Coin.

By DMK
View pt1 
pt2  &  pt3 






No comments:

Post a Comment