Monday, February 20, 2012

Developing Your Brand


Developing Your Brand in the World of Social Networking.
By DMK 
Author of, From the Ashes, Coming Soon from Solstice Publishing.
Related Topic: Growing Your FanBase
Follow on Twitter @slantedk
Technical Support available @ The 3rd Party Alliance Media Group

Many tips have come my way in this journey. Some of you may or may not know that I recently I contracted with Solstice Publishing for my book, From the Ashes.

This has opened a new world to me, I thought, I arrived, I did it, truth is, it is just another door I walked through. It is another place where I will need to work just as hard as I have to get to this point.
I have no intention of gloating, those who went before me shared their trials, tribulations and successes to keep me going. I simply owe it to them to pay it forward.




Recently, Melissa Miller CEO of Solstice Publishing  provided some insight to a group of us.
Here are some tidbits concerning marketing:

“First thing to know and understand is that times have changed. Unless you are famous and well known, you probably aren't going to sell many paperback books. You need to focus on ebooks. Ebooks is the way the world is changing and I've read recently that schools are now buying kindles and Ipads for school lessons and eliminating paper text books. This is another example of times changing.

 “Do I think that paperback books will be gone someday, No. Most likely they will be around forever for those ex-presidents, senators, Stephen King, James Patterson etc.

“You need to be branding your name, not focusing on selling a book. The book sales will come in their own time. People want to believe they know the author. They want to say I just bought a book from ------ and they are also one of my friends on twitter or facebook.”

This next statement is oh so true:

“People are mean. LOL. So, if you are going to get upset at a bad review then you are in the wrong business. You have to be thick skinned in this business. Customers leave bad reviews all the time. It makes them feel better somehow to rip somebody else apart. Plus, I think they get a refund or something if they do. A good example: Twilight got several bad reviews and it's now a multibillion dollar movie franchise. So read the review and laugh it off. Then move on. Don't dwell on it and don't let it get you down. No matter how perfectly edited your book is you will find a review saying how horrible the editing is. You could pay the best editor on the planet to edit your book for 5 years and then put it up for sale and I guarantee that somebody will leave a review saying the editing is horrible. LOL Don't let it bother you.”
By Melissa Miller, CEO of Solstice Publishing 

If you are working towards the goal of getting published there is a way to get your book out there in eBook format. You own the rights and it allows you begin building your brand.
Smashwords.com do the research, there are many places to go and get rolling.


"If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done."
-Dale Carnegie

 “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
― Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends & Influence People

That last quote is the very foundation of developing your brand in the world of Social Networking.
Have a Great Day,
Thank you so much for following SlantedK
Technical Support available @ The 3rd Party Alliance Media Group 


No comments:

Post a Comment