Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recovery

Time to Rant.
By: DMK 
Writen for SlantedK http://slantedk.blogspot.com/
Follow us on Twitter @slantedk

Tossing the word “Recovery” around at the blistering pace it’s used today, sure seems to indicate the word's  actual meaning is lost.

re•cov•er•y http://www.thefreedictionary.com/recovery
n. pl. re•cov•er•ies
1. The act, process, duration, or an instance of recovering.
2. A return to a normal condition.
3. Something gained or restored in recovering.
4. The act of obtaining usable substances from unusable sources.


  • When Gall Stones required the removal of my gallbladder, the incisions healed, I felt better and my body recovered.
  • My two dogs had a serious fight. Cookie took a terrible wound to the face, rushed to the hospital, $1000.00 of surgery and attention, and the cone of shame around her head for six weeks. When you look at her now there is no sign of the injury. That is a recovery.

What really gets me is the constant assortment of individuals talking of recovery.

This is tax season:

  • I make twelve thousand dollars less than I made three years ago.
  • Fuel costs eighty percent more than it did three years ago. (Is still rising!)
  • For the first time, in thirty years of “working for a living,” no insurance.
  • Food is at least fifty percent higher than three years ago.

Recovery?

I have to park my car so I can afford food.
I have to drive my car to get food.
I have to park my car so I can save money.
I have to drive my car so I can make money.

I have no political affiliation; no one has earned my approval. The gibberish spewed about all the excuses makes me sick. Constantly told why fixes can’t be put in place because of so and so.
We need to take charge. Our soldiers are dying, bleeding, sacrificing for countries that are spinning out of control. This country is spinning out of control.
We need to get our thoughts to the local, state and federal individuals. I am tired of being told that we are recovering.
Missouri has a saying on their license plate.
“The Show Me State.”


Here is an experiment I applied last weekend.
The sink faucet was leaking. I took out a fair amount of paper money and threw it at the leak. I opened a beer and watched the sink recover. At the end of the day, the faucet was still leaking and the money was wet.

Get this, I had to take that same money go to the store buy a good part, drive back home, take the broken part out and replace it with a functioning part. Repair complete, no more leak, huh.

Fix the problem! I know it can’t be done over night, that is no excuse to just leave it.

Don’t tell us about the seventeen committees that are going to plan on how to approach the method that will regulate the way we will give the impression that action will be taken to make a correction concerning the best way to have someone locate a solution to stopping the drip falling from the faucet.


Enough!

Most importantly stop telling me I have to pay more to get the same results.


Just sayin’
DMK
Please Visit SlantedK Emporium


No comments:

Post a Comment