Saturday, June 2, 2012

Parenthood - an Open Letter



Laying Bare One’s Soul
By DMK
A SlantedK Production
Got Twitter? Got @slantedk?

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” 
George Bernard Shaw

 Fingernails slowly scratch the chalkboard; the mind complex, emotions fragile, silence brings peace then torment. A battle in the depths of the spirit when the mind seeks, contemplates, looks for reasoning, a decision concerning life’s course affected.

“Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.” 
Irving Berlin

Doing nothing is not an option, doing it wrong can devastate, doing it right will hurt, in the end it is true.

My soul longs for rest, burden free, a sunset, a cool breeze; however life does not play our way. Solutions in the physical world, simple, sit on the porch and watch the sunset. The mind, much more complicated, hitting pause is a challenge indeed.

Consideration of others is something lost, self consumed, self absorbed, those of us who do not buy into this way of life, aggravated, agitated, what has happened?
Lack of consideration, why, it is so simple, common sense, what will it take to implement common sense if the issue is lack of common sense. Is it a sickness, blindness, self-consumption, an expectation that the world owes something?

“Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” 
Mark Twain

I have a place to live but it is not my home. I extend my hand, bitten. We receive what we give. I do not remember giving this.

Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want…” I do not know how to do this, I do want.

Screams in the silence, the depths of the mind contained, cracks appear, and leaks take place. A discussion done in love, it will hurt so much, pain at times is necessary, tough love is painful to administer and to receive.

Tired of the burden, a drained parent traveled so many miles and approaches yet another fork in the road. The decision clear, not simple, trust in self is the only way to sustain.

~*~

To be a parent is liken to nothing else. I share my experiences with you in past blogs in the hope that you will understand you are not alone and that you can succeed. Today is no different.

I fight my own demons, the last two weeks has consumed my mind over another challenge of parenting. Stealing from me time, the ability to write and life itself. This open letter has yet to take its course, a challenge within, to share without. I do love; we all need love, eh? 
It is complicated, the common sense thing. I know it will pass, and you need to know your open letter will also pass.

Additional excerpt from Psalm 23:1
The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

~*~

How could I end a blog without...
Something Different

Thanks Guys!
Have a Great Weekend!
DMK
&


No comments:

Post a Comment