Saturday, April 14, 2012

Political Correctness Run Amuck



Old School vs. New School
BY DMK 
A SlantedK Production 
Find DMK on Twitter @slantedk 

Everything can be dealt with applying reason, really?

A parent for decades and a manger for a respectful portion of my life I have come to the above conclusion. Nicey McNice, and happy go lucky techniques, in my experience do not produce the equal amount of results compared to the time invested in correcting an issue. However, in the business world it is not in the best interest of the company to manage in such a manner other than Nicey McNice and feel good Freddy.

Parenthood today, oh my, quiet time? Quiet time is when the nest empties, am I wrong?

The business world: New School.

The problem, Jimmy McStiff, 3 out of 5 days is not accomplishing his on time arrival status, his hour lunch has grown to one and a half hours and he logs off his phone 45 minutes before the end of his shift.
First, the now dubbed “proper technique:”
A knock on the office door, “come in Jimmy, have a seat.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“No Sir necessary, Dave is fine. Today we are going to touch on a couple topics in your thirty-day review. Do you have any questions before we begin?”

“Yes actually, can we get flavored coffees at the coffee station?”

“Well, that is something I can look into. I would like to paint a scenario and we can then discuss. In our organization, we have an obligation to attend to the needs of our clients customers. To do so, we staff this call center based on something called a schedule forecaster. Do you remember that part of your training?”
“Yes, yes I do, it was covered in detail.”
“Good, I like to hear that. Anyway, you also know the leadership chain here, me, my assistant and our five team leaders?”
“Yes, the chain of command.”
“Again, good, the training department is providing a valuable service. Ok, Jimmy, for the sake of this conversation, let us put you in the position of a team leader. One of your new associates is developing a less than positive habit of late arrival, extended lunches and on occasion, clock watching at the end of the day. The reason this is manifesting into an issue is that the remainder of the team has to pick up the slack. My question to you is; in what manner would you approach this individual to rectify the growing problem?”

“Am I getting promoted, Sir, I mean Dave?”

What are the chances this technique will result in Jimmy McStiff changing course?

Do you think this might work? Old School.

“Come on in, Jimmy, have a seat.”
“Yes, Sir.”
“Jimmy, I am gonna get to the point. Since you came out of training you have been unable to get to work on time, you have been taking more time for lunch than provided and at the end of the day you have become a professional clock watcher.
“Now listen, in this last week I figure you have stolen at least five hours from this company, I am writing you up with the specifics, I am docking you five hours from this check and if you do not STOP, this behavior as soon as Monday YOU ARE FIRED! Do you understand!”
“Yes, yes I do.”

Now which effort will produce the desired result? Am I wrong?
~*~
In parenthood, it is no different. 
I openly communicate with my sons so I know this tale will not hurt anyone’s feelings.
Same, same as above.
Talk until your blue in the face trying to guide the young one in the ways necessary to succeed. Yet repeatedly the conversation sounds like a broken record, and so do the results.

Change in game plan. “Here is the deal, Son, I am cutting you off. No more gas money and I am no longer paying your insurance. Get a job or walk.”

The result of that conversation was not expected. He moved from Tucson back to Illinois. Long short, it was a ruff restart for him, however, he got two jobs bought his own car, got his own insurance and is going back to school. I asked him what made the difference? “The kick in the ass from you and your brother, (the person he is currently living with,) If I didn’t get off my ass he was throwing my ass out.”
~*~
The proof is in the puddn’ yet still handcuffed with PC, eh. Don’t want to get sued.

Now for something totally different.
Here is a closing joke, Have a Great Day!

A man staggered home late after another evening with his drinking buddies.
Shoes in left hand to avoid waking his wife, he tiptoed as quietly as he could toward the stairs leading to their upstairs bedroom, but misjudged the bottom step in the darkened entryway. As he caught himself by grabbing the banister, his body swung around and he landed heavily on his rump.

A whiskey bottle in each back pocket broke and made the landing especially painful.

Managing to suppress a yelp, he sprung up, pulled down his pants and examined his lacerated and bleeding cheeks in the mirror of a nearby darkened hallway, then managed to find a large full box of band aids before proceeding to place a patch as best he could on each place he saw blood.

After hiding the now almost empty box, he managed to shuffle and stumble his way to bed.

In the morning, he awakens with screaming pain in head and butt to find his wife st aring at him from across the room, and hears her say: "You were drunk again last night!!!"

Forcing himself to ignore his agony, he looked meekly at her and replied:
"Now Hon, why would you say such a mean thing?"

"Well," she said, "there is the front door left open, the glass at the bottom of the stairs, the drops of blood trailing through the house, and your bloodshot eyes but, mostly....it's all those band aids stuck on the downstairs mirror!" 

more jokes at dailyjokes.co

Thanks for stoppin' in.
BY DMK 
SlantedK Production 
Find DMK on Twitter @slantedk 

No comments:

Post a Comment